Wines of Chile brings you an exclusive opportunity to present your wines to VINTAGES /LCBO/DESTINATON COLLECTION buyers in advance of the upcoming VINTAGES Product Call January 2021.
Ontario is Canada’s largest market, representing for Chilean wineries over $110 million is sales in 2020 (R13 to P03). In Canada, Ontario represents 43% of Chilean wine sales in volume and value.
- Generate listings for existing /new suppliers to the Ontario market.
- Respond to a direct request from the Liquor board to review wines for the upcoming VINTAGES Product Call of January 2021.
- Organise a selection of up to 50-60 Chilean wines for tasting by the VINTAGES and LCBO WINE and DESTINATION COLLECTION buyers
- Wines of interest will be selected for submission into the VINTAGES Product Call of January 2021 or for consideration in the other channels.
- Location in downtown event venue proximate to LCBO Headquarters with physical distancing and public health measure in force*
Wine Selection Criteria:
- Well known wine regions and emerging regions like Limari, Elqui, Bio-Bio, Itata and Malleco.
- All varietals and styles with a focus on Cabernet, Carmenère, Syrah, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay.
- $15–$30 (red)
- $14 – 25 (white)
- Should not have been in the market for at least 3 years.
- Wineries must have an Ontario Agent to be considered for the VINTAGES call in January 2021 but are not required to have an agent for this tasting.
- Wines with third party accolades preferred.
- Wines will be consolidated for diplomatic shipment by Hot Express.
- Up to a maximum of 4 SKUs per winery accepted.
- 2 sample bottles of each SKU required.
- No representation required.
- Wines will be organized in the room by varietal.
- Please fill in the submission form completely as this information will be collated into a reference catalogue for the buyers.
Tasting Date: November 2020
- WoC Members: USD $259 per SKU
- Non Members: USD $337 per SKU
Evaluation: Number of new listings purchased