Wines of Chile team is excited to bring your winery the opportunity to particiate in the first virtual tasting series for Chilean wines in Canada, targeted to wine industry professionals. Buyers, educators and wine media will be invited to participate.
Due to special support and additional funding we’ve been able to offer a special introduction price to this activity to make this opportunity more attractive.
Reasons why your winery should participate:
- As a result of the pandemic, live tastings have been cancelled and replaced with the virtual tasting. The virtual platform has become more important than ever before for wineries to communicate with followers and build new followers.
- The gradual and safe re-opening of restaurants has brought back the need for hospitality education on Chilean wines available in the market.
- Virtual Tastings will be recorded and posted on WoC social feeds following the live broadcast. Viewership continues to increase long after the live production.
- Each week the wines will shipped to a targeted list of members of the trade (48 to regular episodes / 24 for small production wines episode).
- The list of wine recipients will be curated each week to include LCBO buyers, sommeliers, licencees, press/bloggers, educators and invited guests will be personally followed up with to ensure attendance.
- A password protected link to view each live tasting episode will be sent by email to each invitee in advance.
- Each week the theme and list of wines will be promoted via a weekly eblast to andros Communications trade database of top Ontario hospitality and media professionals in the industry.
- Small production wines receive a dedicated episode (defined as annual production up to 30,000L).
- Wineries are permitted to submit visuals for example, aerial site maps, terroir photos etc.
Live Winery Participation / Video Content:
To enhance the learning experience for the viewers, wineries have the option to provide one of the following:
1.- A winery principal or winemaker to appear live for an interview, OR
2.- A one minute video from a winery principal or winemaker on the wine being featured. Instructions for video host:
- Introduce yourself and your role at the winery.
- A sentence or two on the winery philosophy, what the winery specializes in, what they are known for.
- Mention the size of the winery, vineyard location and terroir.
- What makes the wine special (harvest method, vinification method, style).
- If providing the video in Spanish, please provide a translation so that we can include subtitles.
Timing / Contet Calendar:
- Time Frame: 4 episodes, each Monday in November.
- Platform: LIVE via Zoom, allowing for screen sharing of audio visual aids.
- Duration: 1 hour in length with Q+A.
- Participation min/max per episode:
- Small production wines episode: Minimum of 7 wines / maximun of 9 wines per episode.
- Regular episodes: Minimum of 4 wines / maximun of 6 wines per episode.
- Audio Visual Aids: Map of wine regions and cross section of zones, short video on sustainability, pre-recorded videos from each winery.
- Presenters: Each segment will feature a different wine expert from the list below. Assigned hosts for each episode TBA.
- Chris Waters, Wine Writer, The Globe and Mail.
- John Szabo, MS, Principal Critic, Wine Align.
- Rod Philips, Wine Writer, NUVO Magazine.
- Peter Wearing, WEST Diploma Instructor.
- Patricio Tapia, Wine Writer & Author Descorchados.
- Dates and Themes: see attached.
- WoC Members: USD $425 per wine + 48 bottles.
- *WoC Members Small Production: USD $198 per wine + 24 bottles
- Non Members: USD $550 per wine + 48 bottles
- *Non Members Small Production: USD $257 per wine + 24 bottles